Before you add a family member to your account you need to make sure they are eligible for the program. Fitness Passport family members are limited to:
- Partner or spouse of the Member who resides at the same address as the Member
- Dependent children living with the Member aged under 25 years of age
- Dependent children living with the Member under the age of eighteen (18) years old are included in the standard Family membership. The date that the child turns 18, they can remain on the program for an additional fee equivalent to the single membership rate.
- A child between 18 and 24 may be required to show additional evidence that they are financially dependent on the employee (eg, recipients of a youth or Newstart allowance or a child who is studying full time).
- Once a child turns 25, they are no longer eligible for the program in any capacity.
To add a family member:
Log in to www.fitnesspassport.co.nz with your email address/username and password and click “Add Members”.
Make sure you fill in their details correctly and upload a photo for their membership card if you can. You can add a photo later on if you need to.
Press “Submit” at the bottom of the page and you will be shown the new price for your membership. Note: The new price will only apply once the new members are verified by your employer
Confirm your bank details, and “Submit”
If your family member is over 18, they will receive an email with instructions on how to set up their own online account. They will need to log in and create a password, and accept the Terms and Conditions.
Your family member’s application will be sent to your Workplace Facilitator for verification.
What happens next?
Assuming your application meets all of the Fitness Passport Guidelines, your workplace facilitator will approve your request and your family members will be emailed their log in details for the Fitness Passport MyFP app.